Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Why? not What, not How...


After seeing this TED talk, it made me question how clear my "why" was. As it turns out, not very, so after some time of writing and thinking, I ended up with this: In this age of mass manufactured products, large companies design and sell objects targeting broad groups of people. However, we are in a unique point in time where a revolution has begun. The maker movement and 3d printing empower and celebrate the creative abilities and uniqueness of individuals. It enables people to create and purchase things otherwise difficult or impossible to create or obtain. As a designer, I love this because it gives me the freedom to explore ideas, design things and share them, even if only for a few people, even if only for 1 person. The best thing we can do is be more of what we are, no one else can do that. Like what you like, do what you love. My objects are designed with this in mind. Celebrate your individuality, your unique, quirky, wierd awesomeness. Be More You.

No comments:

Post a Comment